Monday, May 9, 2016

Moscow Journey May 9, 2016

     Today makes 22 months since my stem cell infusion, and I continue to see improvements.  I use the cane exclusively when ourside the home (sometimes using an electric cart in the grocery store) and actually danced in public on Saturday night!!  For those of you who really know me, you know dancing is the top of the mountain for me.  We went to a friend's mother's 80th birthday party.  We had worked with our friend and her husband  on their dancing (they used to take dance lessons from us), and we joined them on the floor.  I didn't look anything like I used to look, but my feet moved to the rhythm of the music!  It was wonderful.
     I have been following the Dr. Phil diet and have lost 8.5 lbs and feel fantastic!  On Saturday, I told John I feel like I did before MS came back to live with me in 2010.  My mood is euphoric, too.  I drove to Tallahassee by myself on Friday and actually shopped three stores.  Of course, Melanie (my sister) was with me for two of the stores, but it is still an accomplishment. Oh, I forgot to say that I can walk 10-15 feet without using my cane, something I never thought I'd be able to do again. I am still so grateful to Dr. Fedorenko for giving me a chance to regain my life.
     The only physical hold-back for me in the last six months has been my hip flexors being so restricted.  In the past two weeks, I have finally been able to stand up straight and not look as if I'm 90 years old.  I have to quit saying that as my sister-in-law's mother is 92 and more spry and feisty than I.  We should all be so blessed.
    Just felt as if I needed to record my progress for me and for my friends who care to keep up with me.  Thanks to all of you who care:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment