Thursday, August 28, 2014

Moscow Journey, August 28, 2014

      Well, it's been an interesting week of medical testing all to reveal" I'm not normal" but there is nothing wrong with me.  Because my temperature has been fluctuating between 97 (what's with that) and 99.9 on occasion, I called the "in-call"doctor last weekend to ask if he felt I should follow HSCT protocol and go to the emergency rom if my temp reaches 100.4.  He responded,  " Use your best judgment."  I wasn't sure what to do with that since my temp did go to 100.  On Monday, I talked with my doctor's nurse (he is out of the office for two weeks), she consults with another doctor and then tells me I have an appt the next day for a chest X Ray and an appt with the doctor. To make a long story short, I was at the doctor's office or lab Mon, Tues, and Wed.  The doc said I'm "not normal", and I told him I knew that. I'm aware that I'm probably the only abnormal person in this town who has had a stem cell transplant.  I do appreciate the doctor's efficiency and thoroughness, but I can't imagine what all these tests will cost.  Everything turned out good, so I just have unusual temperatures.
     Ironically, yesterday, the only day I hadn't had to go to the doctor's office, I felt the closest to "normal" I've felt since having HSCT. I wasn't as fatigued, balance was better, not as much brain fog, and I just felt better.  Yesterday, John was preparing to build me a platform beside our bed to help me get out of bed (because our bed is so high off the floor), and when I took a nap I actually figured out how to get my own feet up on the bed and how to safely get out of the bed.  Those are such simple tasks for most people and me before 2010, but they have become major difficulties for me.  I hate that John has had to become my caregiver rather than my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment