Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Moscow Journey, August 11, 2014

Wow, since I am back home and in my "normal" environment, it seems as if it has been a long time since I've written in my blog.  We have been home two weeks as of today, and yesterday was the first day I've gone all day without a nap.  Maybe that means I'm healing?  John and I see small steps of improvement every day.  Of course, to most " normal" people, I am still feeble.  I have accomplished getting out of bed and out of my trusty old rocker fairly easily.  John had to help me when we first got home.  Being in bed in the hospital leads to more muscle weakness, so I do have that to overcome.  John acquired a new good habit of walking while in Moscow and is continuing to do that.  I am still using my rollator, and my goal is to walk with my cane, which I was doing before March, and to actually take walks with John.  That would be such a good thing for my weight and my mobility.  I am trying to be patient, which is so difficult, because the healing process is erratic and like a roller coaster.  Progress and then regression, so I will try to take it as it comes.


I have my first appointment with Dr Gee on Thursday and have my first blood tests.  I look forward to hearing what he has to say.  I believe I am his first stem cell transplant patient.  A new medical adventure for him and me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Been thinking of you. Be patience....what does that word mean!! :)

    ReplyDelete