Thursday, March 24, 2016

Moscow Journery - March 24, 2016

March 24, 2016
   Man, I've been negligent about keeping up with this blog.  There have been so many improvements since December:   * walking with the cane more than the rollator
                    * dancing with John (not good enough for public viewing yet)
                    *  having the ability to bend over and wipe up spills on the floor
                    * comfortably loading and unloading the dishwasher
                    * waking into Wal-Mart and shopping using a buggy, not an electrical cart (first time today)
                    * raking leaves and pine straw in the yard (not a huge spot, but still.....)
   At the gym I've begun to use the elliptical, which was something I did before HSCT.  The most I've done so far is 8 1/2 minutes, but I have to start somewhere, right?   I do that and then work out with Erin, my trainer, for a half hour or a full hour.  My stamina has greatly improved.
    It is such a relief so have NO pain of any kind and to be able to sleep 8 hours without getting up to use a pain reliever.  I am making it a point to share knowledge of HSCT anywhere I have a chance.  In April I will speak to the Tallahassee chapter of the MS Society about my Russian Adventure.  I've actually thought about notifying the newspaper or television station to come observe and maybe get the word out.  It is amazing how few people actually know that there is a procedure that will halt MS and likely heal damage.  It seems unethical that neurologists aren't informing their patients about this procedure.
    I hope to post next time with more and more good news about my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment