Thursday, March 24, 2016

Moscow Journey Oct. 3, 2014

In  In another month, or less, I hope to report positive changes.
          I can't believe I've been home one month plus three days. My progress in terms of walking, which is my goal, has been delayed significantly because of bursitis in my hip due to a fall.  I should probably read my precious posts since I might be writing the exact same thing!  I have had a cortisone shot in my hip-all to no avail, taken five days of steroids, and have begun physical therapy.  The shot only helped for about twelve hours.  The oral steroids have helped, and I hope the benefit remains as I complete the prescription.
       I really like the physical therapist.  She pushes me just a little but not too much.  I've only seen her twice, and the first time I saw her I told her my goal is to walk comfortably with the cane again, not to compete in dance competitions!  I was surprised when she suggested that I bring my cane for the second visit.  Well, I did walk with the cane on the second visit although I was leaning on John's arm the whole time.
    I am optimistic about the eventual outcome of HSCT  and physical therapy.  Right now I am still recuperating from the whole procedure and am walking kind of wonky due to left hip pain.  As I get out of pain, I hope to regain my normal walk, even with a cane.  My stamina is not great, so that is something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment