Sunday, June 29, 2014

Moscow Journey-Day Seven, Sunday, June 29

Well, one month from today we'll be flying home, me bald and probably a little fluffier from all the steroids, four meals a day, two protein drinks, and no exercise.  Not a pretty picture, is it?  But, hey, I might possibly be walking for the rest of my life rather than wheelchair or bedridden.  Now which choice would you make?  And if I can walk, I can walk off some of the extra fluff.  Oh, how I dream of that!

Today, Dr F and Anastasia organized a part/tea called New Life Anniversary.  There were former and present HSCT patients in attendance, and Anastasia had put together a video presentation of former patients of Dr F.  It was very encouraging to see such improvement and gratitude for a new life.  I hope to be one of those walking (dancing?) patients who comes back to bring hope to others.

Had a good nights sleep last night by taking a sleeping pill after the 11:00pm shot and then a Valium after the 3:00 shot.  I slept until 7:30 and then dozed off twice today.  Right now, at 8:50 with it full daylight outside I am sleepy.  I know my sleep patterns are of immense importance to all of you five readers who are following this blog.

Oh, tomorrow is port day.  A large needle with a 8 or 10 inch tube will be inserted into my jugular vein.  Step up the prayers please.

Make some comments.  Let me know you are out there.

4 comments:

  1. Ok. I will try a third time. My first two attempts were not successful

    Keep smiling... Knowing that this treatment WILL BE successful and you can walk anyplace you desire

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Can you turn off that robotic detector ... That might make it easier for people to comment. You could change the settings and not allow anonymous or select approval first

    Just don't want you to miss any comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you worry! We have been following your journey here at the gym!! Keep your head high lady!

    ReplyDelete