Monday, June 30, 2014

Moscow Journey-Day Eight, June 30

Well, another step forward today.  Since this is day four of neupogen shots and steroids to promote stem cells moving from the bone marrow to the blood stream, it's time for the port to be installed in my neck.  This one of two things I've been dreading.  Well, it wasn't bad at all.  The nurses get me situated lying on my back  on the table, and I see Dr F about a yard away in the next room.  I say, " Dr.F, don't forget I want pain meds."  He says, "They know."  The nurse Gaulina shoots me in the booty, and the other nurse (doctor.) proceeds to swab my neck.  Dr. F says topical analgesic.  Thank God Dr F speaks English.  I attempted to get Dr F to hold my hand throughout the procedure, but he said, "the doc doesn't want me there in her sterile environment."
The doc proceeds to make a slight cut in my neck and thread a rather large, long tube down my jugular.  There was a slight pinch and pressure as she pushes the tube down the vein, but it really was not unpleasant.  So now I hope we get better TV reception as I have three six inch antennae sticking up out of my neck.
   My attitude at this point is that it's all a means to an end.  If this what it takes to enable me to have my life back, bring it on!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how you make me LAUGH OUT LOUD with such an invasive, torturing seeming procedure but you do! Your great sense of humor will see you through. ♥

    ReplyDelete