Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Moscow Journey-Day Nine, Tuesday, July 1


So my day began with coffee, a slice of cheese toast, and some porridge.  Next I get connected to the stem cell collection machine for five hours.  I was told to wear pampers, but there is just something about knowing you can't urinate that makes one want to pee!  My students would say TMI-too much information.  There is absolutely no sensation otherwise.  Everything is a means to an end, hopefully, a really good end!  I am still so confident and trusting in this team.  They know what they are doing and have addressed every single detail.  Dr F and Anastasia drop by every day and explain what's happening next.  They always want to know if we have questions.  Dr F often leans over and clasps my hand very comfortably.  They stop by at night before they leave.   Such personal and caring service.
   Well, Dr F stoped by to tell me they got 1.3 million stem cells and I need 2 million, so another day of apheresis tomorrow.  It's really quite boring as I must lie perfectly still for five hours.  Not fun!  Hatice came to see me to tell me I won.  She only got 1.1 million.  She says the men always get more and she is coming back as a man next time.  She is so cute, 33 years old but the personality of a 17 year old.  She says John and I must come to see her family in Australia for a month.  I'm game for It! Oh well, here comes another meal.  I've never been hungry since I arrived here.  There is food every three hours and then two protein drinks a day.  John will have to roll me off the airplane, into the car, and into the house,  Maybe I'll be able to walk some of it off!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this posted twice or not...But, wanted to let you know that you and John are in our thoughts and prayers. My daughter in law is visiting this week, told her about your blog. She has two friends who have MS and will share your blog with them. Take care, Love, Polly and Tommy

    ReplyDelete