Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Moscow Journey, July 13, 2014

NGO up on what day,of,this journey I'm on and so will merely gives dates. Perhaps my chemo-fogged brain can keep track of that!  John spent the night on a mattress and slept the best he has in years!   Taking sleeping pills has given me several nights sleep.  After chemo-disturbed sleep, this has been heavenly! I feel so much alert when I wake in the morning.  Poor John.  More conversation!!  Thankfully, we are both huge readers so spend a lot of time engaged in books.  I did finally get my platelet infusion yesterday, so I might attribute my feeling better today.  Of course, I am not doing jumping jumps yet.  A few leg lifts, maybe, and some strength training with my arms.  According to John's calculations, I have  lost 17 or 18 pounds.  I can hardly believe that as I feel like like a big flat blob.  I hope when I stand and put on my regular clothes, I'll be a svelte size ten!  Wow, Karen, maybe your dream of my leaping tables will come true!

Well, it looks like another lazy day!,  they awoke me for an infusion an anti-bacterial infusion at 7 this morning, so I lie in wait for a breakfast of porridge or oatmeal or cream of wheat and more bread, sometimes eggs.  I usually eat a half a bowl of porridge and a cup of tea, and John finishes the rest.  He has lost about 6 pounds.  We have resolved to change our eating patterns when we return home.  How many times have you, my friends, heard that?

I will no try to complete today's blog since it is only 7 pm here.  Maybe these 3:30 am blogs are part of the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment