Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Moscow Journey, Day 17 -July 8, 2014

   Today was an easy day since I only had about a liter of something infused in me to wash out the last of the chemo.  The rest of the day was spent inside, with John, of course,  Oh, I did take a little tumble as soon as I got out bed but wasn't injured.  I think it scared the two nurses worse than I.  I was just embarrassed.  John doesn't understand, nor do I, why it embarrasses me to fall.  Gut level reaction, I guess.
    We have made some wonderful friends here that I feel will be friends for life.  Brendan, a Montana fly-fishing instructor is running for mayor of the second floor, so says his father, Bob.  Bob has been a Fulbright Instructor in Russia 21 different times and also in  many other countries.  This is such a group of eclectic, intelligent individuals that I might have accidentally fallen in the wrong group.
    TOMORROW is the big day!  They will reinfuse my cleansed stem cells and they enter my bone marrow and began engraftment, rid of MS cells.  Please pray for God's miracle.  I feel he has led me here and has good things in store for me.  Hope I feel like posting tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to comment again on this blog. Tomorrow will be your birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi-
    Although we only know each other through the HSCT Facebook page, I feel like we are kindred spirits as the senior members of the group. As I told you I would, I have been following your journey and am so happy all has gone so well. I hope that next Sept. when it is my turn that my experience is as good as yours has been. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending only positive thoughts your way as your new stem cells are infused and your new life begins. You don't need a miracle- you've got this!!!!!

    Debbie Dorfman

    ReplyDelete