Thursday, July 3, 2014

Moscow Journey, Day Twelve, July 4

Since my body refused to produce two million stem cells on the first day, we'll have another go at it, another five hours lying still.  I am playing all the mind games I can create to picture those stemmies vigorously detaching from the bone marrow and vying for position to get into the bloodstream.   I understand about 50% of people take two extractions to get the full amount.  I just wanted to be an overachiever and get mine the first try.  I do believe the step of returning my blood to my body was omitted as I am weak and wobbly.  Since John was sightseeing with Rosemary, I spent much of the day in bed reading.  Good news at the end of the day!!  We have the two million stem cells!   Now for a quick medical procedure of removing the 10-12 inch tube from the jugular and later inserting 3 needles for chemo tomorrow.  Moving ahead!
   Two of my FB MS friends celebrated their new birthdays today.  That is what it is called when you receive your stem cells back and, hopefully, start a new life.  Blessings on you Nancy and Sheila.

No comments:

Post a Comment