Friday, July 4, 2014

Moscow Journey-Day Nineteen, July 5

Well, the REAL show got started today!  What makes HSCT effective is the wiping out of the faulty immune system and the "reinstalling" of the new improved stem cells, cleansed of the T cells causing the MS.  When people speak in awe of having a stem cell transplant, it makes for no improvement if the faulty immune system isn't knocked out.  That is the reason for the chemo.  I am also receiving anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial meds and something to protect my urethra from damage.  Dr. F has it covered.  I will lie here much of the day receiving chemo, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow: four days of chemo.  I don't let myself get impatient as it is all a means to an end:  Hopefully, an end to MS progression.
    Never have I understood the meaning of urinary urgency until now.  I lie on the bed and have eight pints of liquid, including chemo, pumped rapidly into my body.  Need I say more?  Thank God for a loving patient husband to be of assistance.  After 43 years of marriage, I really know what love is.  I know I would willingly do all this for John if he needed it, but it truly is an expression of love.  A weaker man would have  run, and many have done so.  I so appreciate That God gave me this wonderful husband.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th to you and John! Read your updates and sweet comments about John. :) Know that people are praying for you. Love, Polly and Tommy

    ReplyDelete