Saturday, July 5, 2014

Moscow Journey, Day 16 -July 7, 2014

Yet another uneventful chemo day.   There was some variation because I made myself get dressed, put on my make-up, and take a walk outside.  It began drizzling just as we emerged from the building, but we just settled under an overhang to enjoy the brisk air.  I am a people-watcher, and people here walk a lot (explains obesity in America?) so I observe people and imagine what is going in their heads.  John says his Mama did that also.  Maybe it's a female thing.  John is probably speculating on how they constructed a particular part of the building or the shocks on a certain car.

I said yet another chemo day.  I should have said "FINAL CHEMO DAY".  This whole process is going by so quickly it seems surreal.  Also, the total lack of pain or vomiting or all those other chemo things is amazing!  This has been a breeze, no problem.  So tomorrow I have a day of rest and flushing my body of the residual chemo (fresh start, remember)!  Then my stem cells, all cleaned of MS, will be reinfused.  That means July 9 will be my new birthday of a New Life and hopefully a dramatically different life.  We will have a little ceremony where all those not in isolation gather in the lobby to celebrate.  I, if I'm able, or another patient throws the liquid nitrogen out of the canister.  This is where my stem cells have been stored, so I guess figuratively we are throwing away all those yucky MS poisons.

And now for more about my interesting new friends from various places around the world.  Yesterday I made another friend from Australia.  John had already bonded with her husband over breakfast through their common interest in cars.  Wayne has a collection of what John calls " desirable" cars, and they eagerly shared pictures.  John was actually late getting to the hospital.  Can you imagine that!  He found an antique car collection more interesting than his wife of 43 years?  Two more patients came in yesterday so I have more people to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment