Sunday, June 29, 2014

Moscow Journey-Day Six, June 28

Day two of steroids infusion and neupogen shots.  I'm still on a steroid high and want to visit everyone and talk endlessly, which you all know is so out of character for me-;). I am enjoying getting to know Hatice, the 34 year old girl(so she seems to me) of Turkish descent who lives in Australia.  Her older brother learned of this procedure, did all the research, presented it to her, and then accompanied her and her husband here for Hatice to have it done.  At first, she was very shy, but she's so very sweet and loves company.  Whenever one visits her room, she hops up and starts preparing refreshments and tea.  I guess it's her country's custom.  I told her when they come to my room, all they get is my charming personality.  Her other brother and sister in law flew in today, and Tom, the first brother, went home.  I'm sorry I didn't get to give him a proper good-bye.
   All the nurses and other patients are so pleasant.  It'll be as if we have a new international family.  I only have two more days of steroids and neupogen shots, and they will put the port in my jugular on Monday.  That's one of the two things I don't anticipate, but Dr F assures they will be very gentle with me.  We'll see if his interpretation of "gentle" is the same as mine.  Please pray that it is not painful or traumatic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment